Friday, June 11, 2010

Voltaren Gel: A runners best friend.




Voltaren Gel is a promising rub-on anti-inflammatory medication. Think of Voltaren® Gel as ibuprofen in a gel. I was skeptical at first to use this having been use to drinking anti-inflammatory medicines like Arcoxia for a bum knee or a muscle strain or icing it for days if I get to be stingy. I am not really a big fan of NSAID on tablets as its just like carpet bombing your body. You got to be careful on this and I find it a little bit on the scarier side when overdoing it. Rest for me is still the best, but I guess you've got some other friends to help you speed up recovery which I'm sharing with you.

Lately I saw the gel in a local drugstore and decided to try it on a nagging left calf which probably is a muscle strain I got from too much hill training (I have little choice on this as I live in the hills literally), short warm-ups and a shift to pose method when running on them. Its been a month of icing and resting yet every time I push a little bit harder (frequently) it completely comes back. Its not that I could not run on it (pain goes away the longer the runs are), it just not safe to push forward with an injury how little it may be.

So back with the gel, Its basically a rub on, like an ointment, which you get to put on the area where the strain is. The verdict: IT WORKS! Weeks of icing never really got the pain out but with this gel, it just took a day to put it away! A


To all runners, Try it! Its a much safer and faster way towards running again!

PS.Manufactured by Novartis, I bought mine at Rose Pharmacy.

1 comment:

Ling said...

i prefer Salompas Gel.

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.